Men of Teal

Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Can't Believe What I Just Saw....




0k, while I was watching my Blue Jays blow another 9th inning lead to the hated first place rays (yes I hate them now) I also had the tigers game on my computer as there pitcher Armando Gallaraga was pitching a perfect game. Now I know we have been blessed with two already, but who really gets tired of perfect games? Anyways, it had all the makings, the play of the year in center feild for the first out in the ninth, and then a lazy ground ball to first. What I saw next I could not believe, the Ump called the runner safe. The play was not even close. I know he admitted later he missed the call, NO FREAKING WHATEVER WORD YOU WANNA ADD HERE....

How do you not call him out even if he was safe? It is a perfect game and he immortality would have followed him. I feel horrible for the pitcher, I really do. To have that sucked away from you because of a bad call is terrible. I think he would have much rather given up a clean hit. Let's see what the MLB does. I really hope to God its not instant reply though. That would be awful. I know bad calls are part of baseball, but shitty calls should not be. I am surprised there isnt a hit on this umpires life. I know for a fact that if this game was in NY he would be dead as the bleecher creatures wouldda pulled out their peices and made him sleep with the fishes....

In other sports news, Ken Griffey Jr. called it a career. The Kid was really the best player we have seen in a long long time, and it is really sad that injuries derailed his career. He still finished with way over 600 home runs, but this guy should have been the Home Run King. It is sad to see my heros of the past calling it quits.....

No comments:

Post a Comment