Men of Teal

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Take this Subway...



"Eat fresh", my ass. Saturday I went to the Subway off Gate Parkway in the Daily's (or maybe Gate gas station) just past the on ramp to JTB. While I thought was going to be a quick in an out for a nice afternoon healthy lunch turned out to be anything but. What I did not know was I would be witness to the worst case of customer service I have ever encountered.

It all started when I approached the line to order. No one was present. I looked behind and noticed the two female employees eating bread in the back. Upon seeing me, one came out and said, and I lie to you not, "what do you want." I said "turkey sub on wheat." She then turned around and went back into the back and came out with a piece of wheat bread. Why the heck it was in the back I have no idea, but I ignored it....

So there we are standing facing each other and she does not say a word. I say, turkey please. Her response, "we need more turkey". I said ok. She yells to the other girl, to bring out more turkey. Now side note, I know what it is to work in a restaurant, and to run out of ingredients, but this was 11:30 (clearly lunch time) and they were not prepared at all.

So I stood there waiting for what seemed like a thousand hours as she cut the turkey out of the package and place it on my bread. She then asked what else. I said "provolone cheese". She then placed the cheese on my sub. At this point she goes into how crappy she feels and how she was out drinking all night (like I care). She asked me what my plans were ( i greatly appreciated the small talk) and said I was on my way to the beach. She then replied, are you going to the beach or to the beach ( i did not know there was a difference, and would have thought my bathing suit gave it away, but I said I am going to lay in the sand and swim in the ocean to remove all doubt)...

So we moved on to the lettuce, a key ingredient for a sandwich and one in which they had none of. She had to scoop it from the bottom to even remotely get close to the amount to which I am used too. This of course now angered me. She asked me what else I said tomatoes, lite mayo, and oil and vinegar. She replied all of our mayo is lite. Not sure I believe her since some are labeled lite and others just regular, but I will give her the benefit of the doubt....

Her next question for me was as follows "you don't talk much do you?" This of course was followed by one of my classic eat shit and die looks. My response was "no." I really wanted to say just "make my freaking sandwich woman" but restrained due to my higher sense of self worth at this point. She never asked me for a meal, or a drink.

Clearly this girl needs a serious dose of schooling, parenting, or some small sense of logic and customer service. The other employee did nothing more than grace my presents stuffing her face with bread (another attractive subway customer exp) and safe to say I do not think I will eat there again...

O yea, and I told her I did not need a receipt.

No comments:

Post a Comment