Men of Teal

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Top 5 Reasons Minor Leauge Baseball is Awesome.



Yes I know there is another sporting event going on right now, called the World Cup or something, but that will be over soon and we will all return to our soccer hating lives....

In the meantime I was reminded yesterday why our Nationan's...errr...your Nation's National Pastime is truly great.

While there is nothing like seeing the green grassy fields and smelling the fresh pine tar at a Major Leauge game, there is something about the Minor Leagues that is well, truly romantic...

5. By one get one free tickets. Where else can you bring a old Kraft singles wrapper and get a ticket for free? Trying do that at a concert, or the zoo. Ok Ok, maybe a Marlins game has promotions like that...

4. .50 cent hot dogs, ice cream, peanuts. 1 Dollar Beers on Thursday. It is deals like that that make dating fun again....

3. You get to watch kids before they are superstars. I mean, Mike Stanton, come on, I saw that kid play when he was only in AA. Strike that conversation up with a baseball fan, he will be so jealous. Heck, in my life time I have seen Roy Halladay, Vernon Wells, Milton Bradley, Manny Ramirez, Derek Jeter, Jason Werth, Grady Sizemore, even Jose Canseco and Daryll Strawberry!!!

2. The chances of getting on the big screen, or catching a foul ball are much higher. ( I don't know if this is true, but I have been on a big screen now and have gotten two foul balls, and neither happened at a pro game). (although I did catch a batting practice home run at Yankee Stadium).

1. Just another excuse to hang out with good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment