Men of Teal

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Top 5 Reason's Perfect Games are Amazing...




Wow. I cannot believe what I just saw. Dallas Braden, yes that Dallas Braden, the kid who just two weeks ago was throwing a temper tantrum in the dug out because lil Arod stepped on his mound. Today he took the hill and tossed a perfect game on Mother's Day. Sad thing for him is he lost his mother in high school, and his Grandma (who raised him) was on hand for today's gem instead....


5. I am sorry, but there is nothing more exciting in sports. I mean this is more pressure than a basketball player on the free throw line with the game on the line. Immortality lines ahead with three more outs. I was lucky to tune into the last half inning. One count went to 3 balls and 1 strike. I mean, the amount of pressure, concentration, and luck that goes into a perfect game is just insane.


4. Unlike records that can be tainted due to Roids, it is pretty near impossible to throw a perfect game. I mean 27 up 27 down, no base runners of any sort. This is just the 19 perfect game in the history of baseball, and only the 7th by a left handed pitcher...


3. Dallas Braden did it against the best team in baseball, the Tampa Bay Rays.


2. Billy Chapel did it in a movie, and any baseball movie with Kevin Costner is awesome.


1. What is better than being perfect?

No comments:

Post a Comment