Men of Teal

Monday, February 15, 2010

Great Weekend...




This past weekend was really one to enjoy. What makes it better is that this Monday I am still in bed because for some reason we get it off because it's Obama's birthday or something...

Whatever here are my weekend thoughts. First, being a weekend warrior is going to ruin my life. One round of softball batting practice and my entire left side of my body is shot. I feel I landed on a board after jumping from the CN Tower. Oh well, I did manage to destroy a few trees in the bp process...

Then there were the whole Valentines' Day activities, but a gentleman never tells.

I watched Nascar, and was bored out of my mind, although the crashes were cool. I guess that is like watching Hockey for the fights or boxing for the feet work...

Olympics were awesome as well. Apollo howeveryouspellit Ohno won another medal, be it that some Oriental decided it was a good idea to take out his own teammate at the last turn.

And CANADA finally won a GOLD medal at home. I was so proud of him, albeit not as much as his girl who mugged him with kisses during his interview. Bob Costas said it best, if he wasn't having a good day already, his valentines day was just about to get a lot better.... But either way, good for Alexandre Bilodeau I am proud of him, and the story of his brother with Cerebral Palsy was really inspiring...

That is why I love the Olympics. It is a refreshing change from the I-am-roided-up-but-i-took-em-to-come-back-from-injury-for-my-teammates excuse (or was it the millions?). Or the I-am-a-16-year-old-prospect-or-was-that-23-year-old (i mean who doesn't get confused with how old they are). Or the I-am-a-celebrity-starting-quarterback-who-dates-supermodels (i mean come on, they can cook).

These kids are real, hardworking, for the love of the game young men and women.

No comments:

Post a Comment