Men of Teal

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Olympics Firsts...




I don't know what it is about the Olympics, but I just love them. Maybe it is the fact that these athletes don't play for contracts or shoe deals. They play for the love of their countries. It has been a long time since I was as proud to be a Canadian as Friday night watching Wayne Gretzky, the Great One, light the Olympic torch.

Saturday afternoon witnessed the first Gold Medal, some Norwegian brother of mine from Switzerland. So congrats to him. Canada is going to nail everything else.

Side note, I want to go to Vancouver, it looks absolutely breathtaking. Although typical seeing the malfunction in the opening ceremonies. Hey, we Canucks try, but sometimes we just still can't always get it right...

And p.s. I love seeing all these commercials and ceremonies with all my Canadian countrymen and women.

No comments:

Post a Comment