Men of Teal

Saturday, December 26, 2009

I believe...





Since Crash Davis already once nailed this...I'll give it my shot...

I believe in the inside fastball, the pocket passer, that you can open one present Christmas Eve. I believe in acoustic music, a good laugh, that good friends are hard to find. I believe in being early, dressing for success, and going with your first answer. I believe in hoodies and sweatpants, skirts, and brown should be allowed to go with black. I believe dogs are better than cats, in musicians who write and play their own music, and that nice guys finish last. I believe in the sweat spot, hitting the last cup, and that opening day should be a national Holiday. I believe in the salary cap, a sunny day, that Forrest Gump is a better movie than book. I believe in all things Dutch and Canadian, that peanut better tastes better with jelly, and that sometimes you need to be completely lost to find yourself. I believe in Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior, that my parents really do know best, and that sometimes I just have to find out the hard way. I believe driving with the windows down, first kisses, that you should just be yourself. I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment out-lawying astro-turf, the small of a woman's back, second chances, and that it is ok to have Mariah on your IPOD. I believe that Ice cream goes with everything, in traditions, and that you cannot date a girl who doesn't eat hot dogs. I believe guys can wear pink, in opening doors for women, and that one should always offer to get the dishes. I believe in a good debate, that the guy pays, in hour long phone conversations. I believe in love at first sight, fitted hats, cuff links, that family is the most important gift ever. I believe it's ok to watch the occasional chick flick, going new places, and that the real world is overrated. I believe people get married to early, that some girls try to hard, and that there is no substitute for a good video game. I believe in taking your time, turning off the lights when you leave, and that dogs really are man's best friend....

No comments:

Post a Comment