Men of Teal

Thursday, December 31, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!




Ok, it has come to my attention that some cultures have interesting traditions when it comes to celebrating the New Year. Puerto Ricans eat grapes and throw out water. Southern Alabamians (or is it Alabamites?) eat black eyed peas. Well Canadians, we beat up the USA in Hockey. Today at 10:45 we won in a shoot out over America. We (my fellow Canucks) were down 4-2 with 5 minutes left in the game, and because of our breeding scored two quick goals to send the game into overtime. Since we felt bad breaking the Yankees spirits we decided to give them an extra 5 minutes of 4-4 hockey to see if they could still win. That however proved detrimental to their legs, and only further lead to a shoot out where my boy Kadri sealed the deal!!!

In about an hour we will be celebrating the start of 2010, and the chance for a fresh start. While I got mine in July with the move to Florida, I am excited with what 2010 is going to bring!

Tomorrow is also the Gator Bowl down here in Jacksonville, and I wish the Mountaineers of West Virgina the best of luck (I am a sucker for the Big East). I do however with Bobby Bowden nothing but the best. Also be sure to flip to NBC during commercials as they will be showing the Winter Classic between the Bruins and Flyers outside from Fenway Park. Reminds me of those old shinny days( that is Canadian for pond hockey).

Have a happy new year everyone, and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment