Men of Teal

Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Firsts...


Last nights Jaguars Party was a lot of fun. But what I quickly learned is I barely recognized ANY of the players without their helmets on. It didn't help that Luke McCown was dressed like a high school jock...

So this Friday, in the spirit of community I will begin every Friday with a player bio...

And while I should start with Quietin Grooves after his hilarious stuffing when trying to dunk a basketball, I will start with my new main man.

Introducing. Ernest Wilford. Number 85 on the Field. He was a 4th round pick of the Jags back in 2004. He is now a Tight End, however he did start as a Wide Receiver. He currently ranks second in Jags history with a 14.1 average yard's per reception. In college at Virgina Tech he established a school record of 279 yards and 4 touch downs vs Syracuse (gasp). Ernest also briefly played for the Dolphins before coming back to Jacksonville.

Ernest is an avid golfer and does a lot of charity work with the Big brothers Big sisters. He currently lives in Jacksonville with his wife.

Last year he started in 7 games and had 1 touchdown...

No comments:

Post a Comment