Men of Teal

Thursday, March 25, 2010

EFFF Yeah Aaron Kampman

Hey, I’m Pat or Patty if you prefer and this is my first post so be gentle…


I guess I’ll start off with a hello to everybody, and thanks to Dan for letting me try to add some to what he’s doing. First up is to do another profile of one of the Jags. And since I’m just starting my blogging career I thought I’d go with one starting his Jaguar career.


Aaron Kampman #74



Kampman was drafted in the 5th round of the 2002 draft out of Iowa. He signed with the Jags on March 8th after playing the last 8 years with the Green Bay Packers. He immediately becomes the starting right Defensive End. A 2 time Pro Bowler leads the NFL in sacks since the start of the 2006 season with 23.5. He has 54 career sacks for over 300 yards. Kampman is currently rehabbing from offseason knee surgery and is on pace to be ready for the regular season.



In his worst year since 2003, he still would have led the Jags in sacks…needless to say a good move for the team as they look to regain some of the defense ability they have lost over the last few years. Plus we won't have to see anything like this anymore....




He finished last season after playing 9 games due to a concussion and knee injury. He had 3.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, and 42 tackles.



No comments:

Post a Comment